Making a table mappable

Dan Werner

Feb 24, 2021, 4:09:29 PM2/24/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

I was able to solve a prior issue of how to send table data back and forth between MapInfo and ACCESS. Edits now work both ways.

Now I am trying to make my Trees.TAB mappable (and another- CurbStops, mappable). I created the Tree.Tab in ACCESS and brought it over to MapInfo.

When I add Trees as a layer, the pathway in the Explorer window displays as P:\GIS\Trees\MDB\Tree.Tab. (P: is network).

For example, other layers that are mappable, such as Manholes are: P:\GIS\Wastewater\MapInfoTables_Wastewater\ManholePoints.Tab.

I have a layer for TreePoints in P:\GIS\Trees\MapInfoTables_Tree\TreePoints.TAB. which is mappable and the layer properties work.

I can go to Modify Table Structure: Trees, the Table is Mappable is ‘checked’ and I can edit (check-uncheck) the Indexes. CurbStops behaves the same way.

For all the other Tables I have, I do not get an editable Modify Table Structures box.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

Richard Greenwood

Feb 24, 2021, 5:12:29 PM2/24/21
to mapinfo-l
Access doesn't store spatial data. So when you make an Access table "mappable" MapInfo creates a separate .map file where it stores the point x,y values and links them to the Access table. I'm not sure what your situation is. Do you have data in the Access table? If so, simply making that table mappable doesn't create any points, it just creates a container for you to put the points in. If your access table has x,y locations for the points you can populate the locations that are stored in the .map file. Or if you have the locations already in the TreesPoints.TAB you can join them to your Trees table in Access.

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mapinfo-l/31C0C6B00C940F48A7007866B1E6D94F035FED4B%40TOWN-SBS2011.midd-vt.local.

--
Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
www.greenwoodmap.com