Polylines get additional node at intersection when joining them

Marijan

Dec 22, 2022, 3:33:16 AM12/22/22
to MapInfo-L
I have some tool that connects certain point objects with polyline in specific order. I have noticed some polylines have additional node in point of intersection. After inspecting this deeper, I found out that if you have two polylines, each one is crossing it self, and touching each other at endpoints, and  you try to combine them, you get additional node at intersection (actually 4 nodes, one for each line segment included in intersection)

This is how it looks: https://gifyu.com/image/SkVtB

Is this normal behaviour of Combine tool when dealing with polylines?
If is, how to properly join two polylines in MI?

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Dec 22, 2022, 4:43:32 AM12/22/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Marijan

Yeah, that is the expected behavior.

MapInfo Pro introduce a new algorithm back in v9.5.1.

The polylines are split into segments to avoid self-intersecting points.

If you want you can still tell MapInfo Pro use the old algorithm.

Run this statement in the MapBasic window:

Set Combine Version 950

I’m not sure which of the two resulting objects is correct, if any 😊

Peter

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer