MapInfo doesn't work with Access tables

Michele Burgalossi

Mar 25, 2021, 6:43:37 AM3/25/21
to MapInfo-L
Hi, I'm using MapInfo Pro (Ver. 2019.3 64-bit Release Build 41 Italian) and often it is impossibile to open data table in mdb or accdb format.

In several cases when I open an Access table MapInfo crashes immediately.
Now I'm converting my Access files in text/Excel tables before loading in MapInfo but I'd like to avoid this step.

Any tip or suggestion will be very appreciated.
Thanks in adavance.
Michele

Mark Dvorscak

Mar 26, 2021, 12:51:03 PM3/26/21
to MapInfo-L
This issue is caused by Windows updates. To correct it you have to reinstall the Access driver (accessdatabaseengine_x64.exe). I fight this continually. To avoid the issue you can try connecting to your Access database via an ODBC connection. That seems to work well and there is no need to wonder when the next Windows update will break the connection again.
Mark

Dan Werner

Mar 26, 2021, 12:54:41 PM3/26/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

I use ODBC connections to my ACCESS database tables. Works fine (once you figure out how to do it).

Dan

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mapinfo-l/e20ff536-9c3f-4f09-b581-a68d15715febn%40googlegroups.com.

Michele Burgalossi

Mar 27, 2021, 7:40:36 AM3/27/21
to MapInfo-L
Many thanks to all for fast and precious answers!
OK the ODBC is the way :-)

Michele