convert polylines to points

3721

May 18, 2012, 4:29:09 AM5/18/12
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
I'm working on a large contour dataset and need to convert the contours (polylines) to points.  Does anyone know how to do this plesae?
I can convert the polylines to polygons if necessary but still don't know how to convert these polygons to points.
I'm using AutoCAD 3D Map and MapInfo but have access to ArcGIS if necessary.

Many thanks

Jamie

May 18, 2012, 5:03:15 AM5/18/12
to MapInfo-L
If you have access to the vertical mapper extension for MapInfo you
can use that

Vertical Mapper > Create Grid > Poly-To-Point

3721

May 18, 2012, 5:04:43 AM5/18/12
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Jamie, I'll work on that this morning

kind regards

Maria

siddahrtha kamasani

May 18, 2012, 5:02:42 AM5/18/12
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maria,

I am currently working on project(converting DSM to DTM). I too need to convert Contours to point.
I am busy in cooking up a tool, but in AutoCAD once it is done I shall share with.

Warm regds
Sidharth kamasani

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

--
Warm Regds
Sidharth Kamasani

siddahrtha kamasani

May 18, 2012, 5:22:01 AM5/18/12
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Find attached fas file.

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en
Contours2Points.fas

3721

May 18, 2012, 10:27:35 AM5/18/12
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I'm not able to open your .fas file, but thank you for the information

have you MapInfo? download
allpts-85.mbx
and you can very quickly convert lines to points

kind regards

Maria

On Friday, May 18, 2012 10:22:01 AM UTC+1, Sidharth.Kamasani wrote:
Find attached fas file.

3721

May 18, 2012, 10:28:13 AM5/18/12
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jamie

I don't have vertical mapper with my version of MapInfo (v8.5)
However, I downloaded
all2pts-85.mbx
from  http://www.directionsmag.com/files/view/all2pts-85mbx/138923 and this enabled me to very quickly convert lines to points

From here I have created a thematic map using GRID as my theme - the end result is impressive as a .tab file
However, the .tab file contains a browser table with the original contour values only i.e. 51m 52m 53m etc

When I select any area on the .tab file mapper I can get the exact contour value here i.e. 52.499m, 52.096m etc

When I converted my lines to points, created my thematic map
a .tab file and a .mig file were created
I think that I need to open a browser for the .mig file which will have all my values (52.499m etc) but MapInfo is not allowing me to open a brower for the .mig file

can you assist please?

On Friday, May 18, 2012 10:03:15 AM UTC+1, Jamie wrote:

Jamie

May 25, 2012, 11:57:32 AM5/25/12
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Haven't actually tested this myself but i saw it and it reminded me of your question try this
http://www.mapinfotools.com/index.php?option=com_sobi2&sobi2Task=sobi2Details&sobi2Id=469&Itemid=72

md k

Jun 1, 2018, 7:30:05 AM6/1/18
to MapInfo-L
hi Sir
How to convert Polyline to Point.

Regards
Mk

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Jun 1, 2018, 8:13:18 AM6/1/18
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Convert to one point?

Update MyTable Set OBJ = Centroid()

Convert all the nodes from the polyline to individual points?

Use the tool Object3D2Points3D (is does 2D points too despite its name)

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Pitney Bowes

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.

md k

Jun 1, 2018, 8:20:15 AM6/1/18
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

i drawn hear Polyline. is it convert Point ?

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.

With Regards

Mohan Kateel

gkw-consult.com

GKW CONSULT GMBH, India
Mangalore Project Office

Jonathan Robinson

Jun 6, 2018, 4:19:15 AM6/6/18
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

That looks like AutoCAD to me…

Jonathan Robinson

Highways Asset Engineer

Tel: 0208 356 2308

StreetGold2018

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.

With Regards

Mohan Kateel

gkw-consult.com

GKW CONSULT GMBH, India
Mangalore Project Office

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.

Disclaimers apply, for full details see: https://hackney.gov.uk/email-disclaimer

David Reid

Jun 6, 2018, 6:08:40 PM6/6/18
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

“smells like AutoCad”…

“Taste it man”… “tastes like AutoCad man”

“Must be AutoCad!”

image001.png
image002.png
image003.png