run menu command 620

Matthew Hirsch

Apr 29, 2021, 6:10:28 PM4/29/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

I have a couple of old mapinfo 11 workspaces that open a complete map and layout, and a second and third that automate selecting areas of the map and printing a PDF.  They work great in MIP11.

When I try to run them in MIP 19,  a new blank layout page appears and crashes the process.

I think I’ve tracked it down to the command in the workspace “run menu command 620”

In MIP 11 it does something internally.    In 19, it creates a new blank layout window.

Does anyone know what menu command 620 was and if there is a replacement since it seems different now?

Regards,

Matthew

Uffe Kousgaard

Apr 30, 2021, 12:49:57 AM4/30/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
You can find 620 in menu.def file.
But it is "M_WINDOW_LAYOUT_DESIGNER" in both versions, so the issue must be something else.
Probably related to layouts being handled differently in MIP 19?

Regards
Uffe Kousgaard
archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mapinfo-l/DM5PR04MB0332FC70BB598DDCD23C86F1AB5F9%40DM5PR04MB0332.namprd04.prod.outlook.com.

Uffe Kousgaard

Apr 30, 2021, 12:57:23 AM4/30/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
I just took a quick look back in an even older version of menu.def and 620 was "M_WINDOW_FIRST" in MapBasic 10.

That seems to be 625 now, so try that.

Regards
Uffe

Matthew Hirsch

Apr 30, 2021, 1:23:13 PM4/30/21
to MapInfo-L
Thank you.    I am not sure if it worked or not, but I am not getting an error at that line anymore.

Further down I have this code:

'Get title (ID) and scale text locations from saved workspace and include here.
run menu command 622
Create Text Title (1.6465,0.1715) (6.0889,0.4) Font ("Arial",1,14,0)
Create Text Scale     (7.5958,0.4347) (7.7,0.5111) Font ("Arial",1,5,0)
Set Window frontwindow() title ID + "_map"

The 622 seems to do nothing.   I think it was supposed to bring the layout window to the front, but does not seem to work.

The title and scale give errors requiring non-earth coordinates because they are on the layout page.

As I said, this is old code.  The workspace it is in is version 700.

I appreciate all the help.   We are trying to get all these old scripts updated so we can retire older mapinfo versions.