Debugging MapInfo .Net Programs with Visual Studio

Evgeny Kleiman

Dec 31, 2022, 4:40:42 AM12/31/22
to MapInfo-L
I'd like to know if it's possible to debug addins written in Visual Studio, particularly, to use break points? I found only one article that gives some explanation how to do this in Visual Studio 2008.
I tried to check it on project  ProSampleAddIn . If I compile this project, then open MapInfo and run corresponding mbx, it works fine, that is a new tab is added to the ribbon with all groups.
I use Visual Studio 2015  and MapInfo Pro 2019. Following to instructions of this article in the project ProSampleAddIn I changed properties in  Debug so that Start action is Start external program: "C:\Program Files\MapInfo\Professional\MapInfoPro.exe".
Then I run this program and it launches an instance of MapInfo 2019. But I don't see that the addin is shown, i.e. a new tab is added to the ribbon. I cancelled the welcome screen of MapInfo, but this didn't help.
  I tried also to run this program in Visual Studio 2019 and got the same result. And there was also other strange thing: instead  MapInfo 2019 an instance of MapInfo 2017 was launched.
In any case if I launched the program such way and if I try to run it from MapInfo I got the message:
"Main: 1667: (prosampleaddin.mb:57) Assembly "ProSampleAddIn" depends on a newer version of miadm.dll than is currently running (19.0.0.58). "
Any help will be appreciated.