zoom layering with thematic layers

Peter Horne

Mar 11, 2021, 9:21:13 PM3/11/21
to MapInfo-L
Hi, I'm using v2019 64 bit, and  wondering if it is possible to switch off thematic layers (pie charts) based on the zoom level of the map? Note, I have set up ZOOM LAYERING options for the 2 layers, so the pies change size at different zoom levels, but I need to actually turn the layers off/on based on the zoom level of the map. I thought it may be as easy as -
Layer 1
    Zoom (0, 3) Units "km" on
    Zoom (3.001, 8) Units "km" Off
  Layer 2
    Zoom (3.001, 8) Units "km" on
    Zoom (0, 3) Units "km" Off
but that doesn't seem to work.
The reason behind turning the layers off and on is so that the legend entries will turn off and on as the thematic layers turn off and on when the map is zoomed in and out. Hoping to embed code in workspace file if possible.
Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks
Peter H

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Mar 16, 2021, 10:44:47 AM3/16/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Peter

If you double-click on the thematic layer, you should get to the Layer Properties dialog.

Here you can specify the zoom interval for the layer.

If you do, and have the MapBasic window open, Pro will write out this statement:

Set Map Window 3090  Layer 1 Zoom (0,3000) Units "m" On

So you only have to set the interval where the layer should be turned on.

If you use the Off keyword, zoom layering is turned off.

Peter Horsbøll Møller

www.precisely.com

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer

Mar 16, 2021, 5:49:13 PM3/16/21
to MapInfo-L
Thanks Peter. Yes, I know all about setting the zoom layering and have done so to the 2 thematic layers and as I zoom in and out on the map window, the layers display as expected (ie "get starred" when out of zoom range). My issue is that the layer, while it may be "starred" and not display in the map window, the associated Legend entry for that layer still displays (ie I have 2 legend entries for 2 thematic layers). The only method I can see to make the Legend entry disappear is to actually uncheck the layer. 2 Attachments show how the legend displays with the layer starred and the layer turned off. The result I need is the layer turned off. Unless of course there is some other trick to making the legend entry disappear. Hope that clarifies the issue.

Thanks
Peter H

TurnedOff.JPG
starred.JPG