Circumflexes etc.

Jones, Jeremy R

Apr 21, 2021, 6:17:46 AM4/21/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I want to include a circumflex to a piece of text in MapInfo in this case e.g  CŴN   (Welsh language)

Do I need some extra fonts add to my MapInfo? I know in MS Word it is treated like a symbol.

Kind Regards

Jeremy Jones FRGS Cgeog SIAD

Uwch Beiriannydd Cymorth Rhaglenni / Senior Application Support Engineer

Cyngor Caerdydd / Cardiff Council

029 20873778

446, Neuadd y Sir, Glanfa'r Iwerydd CAERDYDD CF10 4UW

446, County Hall, Atlantic Wharf CARDIFF CF10 4UW

Banner

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Apr 21, 2021, 7:11:11 AM4/21/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jeremy

With the 64-bit releases of MapInfo Pro, we added support for Unicode.

This means that you should be able to do this with any font.

One thing to note is that you may have to change the Charset of your table from ANSI to for example UTF-8.

Below, I have just inserted a text object into the Cosmetic layer

Peter Horsbøll Møller

www.precisely.com

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer