MapInfo Thematic Export with Colors

Muhammad Hassan Khan

Aug 15, 2022, 8:02:09 AM8/15/22
to MapInfo-L
Dear All,

Kindly help me to export thematic to Google Earth with colors. Thanks.

Regards,

Muhammad Hassan Khan
China Mobile

Muhammad Hassan Khan

Aug 18, 2022, 12:59:26 AM8/18/22
to MapInfo-L
Is it not possible?

Martin Hodder

Aug 18, 2022, 5:17:45 AM8/18/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Hello Muhammad,

I thought I would look into this as a bit of a distraction.

It seem the HCT_094.mbx has a bug in it - the one I had was from 2008 and I can’t find any update on that one and no code was supplied. Back in the day there was a famous MI lister called Jacques Paris and I am fairly sure he wrote a Hard code thematics mbx as well. I only say that in case there are any mbx hoarders like me that might have a copy they can share.

In terms of a solution then what I suggest is that you run a series of SQL and update the objects manually – not a great solution if you have many ranges or individual items to do.

The process would be.

  1. Make map layer editable
  2. Select out the range or value you need from the table
  3. In the map window use the Style setting to change the colour.

Repeat until all ranges are done and save the table.

Then use GE link to export to KML and then this can be used in Google maps.

I hope that helps in some small way.

Regards

Martin Hodder

Higher Mapping Solutions

www.highermappingsolutions.com

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mapinfo-l/1629e6ad-37c9-482a-81cd-7df0a413ad41n%40googlegroups.com.

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Aug 18, 2022, 5:31:42 AM8/18/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi

The source code for Hard Coded Thematics is included with MapBasic these days

Peter

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer

Aug 18, 2022, 6:05:46 AM8/18/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Peter,

You are quite correct – as if there was any doubt!

I found it in the 2021 mapbasic samples.

However, Still getting the same error when trying to run it on my data, but I will look into it.

Thanks

Regards

Martin Hodder

Higher Mapping Solutions

www.highermappingsolutions.com

KTG

Aug 19, 2022, 12:22:27 AM8/19/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Hassan, if i am right, thematic Colors are temporary colors, unless they are permanent they can't be taken along polygons to display them as you see when the thematic Colors are on....you know what i mean?

bill....@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2022, 6:16:02 AM8/19/22
to MapInfo-L
Not sure what bug Martin speaks of, however there is an updated HardCode Thematics tool with MapBasic download under the \Samples\MAPBASIC\HardCodeThemes folder.
Compile and link project in MapBasic and run it in MIPro x64.  It was updated for new Ribbon Interface, can be localized using provided *.str file, and has undergone some rework to handle errors better than previous tool.

-Bill

Muhammad Hassan Khan

Aug 23, 2022, 3:22:54 AM8/23/22
to MapInfo-L
Dear Ktg,
yes.. It is issue. If i have 4 ranges.. I have to make separate files and export separately. It requires extra effort and time every time. I have tried HCT as well but I could not get results.