XML library documentation

Sergi Gàmiz Ribelles

Jul 17, 2022, 6:42:15 AM7/17/22
to MapInfo-L
Hi,
I am "fighting" with MI XML library and I think that I need some additional doc and a very simple example. Can anybody help me, please?

I've succeeded enough working with HTTP library but now I must deal with a connection that hasXML information I want to retrieve. Now I have problems due I cannot select any MIXMLNode (i fact I don't understand what a XMLnode is).

Thank you.
SGR

BillW

Jul 18, 2022, 7:29:48 AM7/18/22
to MapInfo-L
Have a look at the \SAMPLES\MAPBASIC\HTTPLib
installed with MapBasic for examples on how to use all the XML\HTTP related functions.

-Bill

Sergi Gàmiz Ribelles

Jul 20, 2022, 6:24:54 AM7/20/22
to MapInfo-L
Hi Bill, thank you. I have two problems:
1- I get an error after the first dialog --> see file capture.PNG attached.
2- it seems that MSDN library documentation is no longer available at URLs printed in MapBasic Reference manual (v.15.0)

Can someone tell me if the sample app "TrafficInfo.MBX" is up to date?
I need the auxiliar documentation to complete learning MIQueryInfo() function.

Thank you inadvance.
SGR

El dia dilluns, 18 de juliol de 2022 a les 13:29:48 UTC+2, BillW va escriure:
Capture.PNG

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Jul 20, 2022, 11:37:51 AM7/20/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sergi

Have the URLs been updated in the documentation for v2021?

I would recommend using for instance .NET to build a method that handles the communication through HTTP if at all possible.

I’m sure I have an example of such a solution shared through my GitHub repository.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer

Den 20. jul. 2022 kl. 12.25 skrev Sergi Gàmiz Ribelles <sector_...@iies.es>:

This message originated Externally. Use proper judgement and caution with attachments, links, or responses.

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mapinfo-l/acd277f6-af79-4a12-a7c3-240632584022n%40googlegroups.com.
Capture.PNG

Sergi Gàmiz Ribelles

Jul 21, 2022, 9:53:29 AM7/21/22
to MapInfo-L
Yes Peter, MapBasic v2021 has a valid URL  link  for MIQueryInfo() function explanation (MAPBASIC REFERENCE GUIDE), but not that one in the "About HTTP and FTP Libraries" topic.
Before to move into .NET coding I want to explore HTTP capabilities, because it seams that I am close to succeed.
I want access WMS by code. Now I can get WMS information via html code (fermorming a GetFeatureInfo Request, --very easy--) for myXYlocation, and it seams to me that HTTP Libraries can help me in order to integrate that request in a MapBasic app. At this point I do'n't know how to resolve  getting XML content.
Can you give me the URL to your GitHub Repository? thank you.

P.S.: the error message I posted in the origen-message belongs to TrafficInfo.MBX.

El dia dimecres, 20 de juliol de 2022 a les 17:37:51 UTC+2, Peter Horsbøll Møller va escriure:

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Jul 21, 2022, 11:10:39 AM7/21/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I think this might be the best example.
It does however return JSON instead of XML.

I’m on vacation these weeks but can take a closer look when I’m back early August if you don’t find a solution

Sergi Gàmiz Ribelles

Jul 31, 2022, 8:04:00 AM7/31/22
to MapInfo-L
ISSUE SOLVED
I succeded at all.

El dia dijous, 21 de juliol de 2022 a les 17:10:39 UTC+2, Peter Horsbøll Møller va escriure: