Field Value as Variable

jcoleman...@gmail.com

May 16, 2022, 8:32:41 PM5/16/22
to MapInfo-L
Is it possible to pull the value out of a specific field, as a loop goes through a table?  I would like to store the value as a variable that can be displayed.

Peter Horsbøll Møller

May 17, 2022, 1:26:40 AM5/17/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Check out point 2 & 3 in this article:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/4-typical-questions-when-writing-mapbasic-peter-horsb%C3%B8ll-m%C3%B8ller/

Let us know if you need more assistance

Peter Horsbøll Møller

www.precisely.com

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer

May 17, 2022, 8:15:44 AM5/17/22
to MapInfo-L
Thanks Peter.  I actually got it working last night, after posting the question.  I had it looping correctly, just had some syntax wrong on pulling the data from the field.  I'm not a programmer, I'm a problem solver.  So, I just have to take my code one problem at a time!

jcoleman...@gmail.com

May 17, 2022, 8:16:28 AM5/17/22
to MapInfo-L
Thank you for the link, that will help me as I move forward.