Clock Face

Rob Goldsmith

Apr 13, 2021, 4:03:35 AM4/13/21
to MapInfo-L
Morning
Is Mapinfo capable of creating a large buffer split into sections with those sections coloured?

So I think my customer wants a 0.5 mile buffer with 12 areas coloured, then 0.5 to 1 mile radius with 12 sections with different colours

Thanks

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Apr 14, 2021, 4:23:26 AM4/14/21
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rob

That can be done but it might require a bit of manual work – or a small tool.

Is it for a single location or should it be generated based on a table with points?

What about the colors? Should they be based on points within the individual sectors or just some random colors?

You might find some help here if you want to try out writing a small app:

https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/97957/creating-site-cells-sectors-in-mapbasic-for-over-1000-records

https://groups.google.com/g/mapinfo-l/c/r6fBRicVfTo

These links talk about telco sectors but if can also be used for any other sectors

Peter Horsbøll Møller

www.precisely.com

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer

Apr 21, 2021, 5:30:36 AM4/21/21
to MapInfo-L
Hi Rob,

If I understand your request correctly, you want a series of buffers but split into 12 regions for each buffer, so a bit like a time clock with segments (albeit rather irregular shapes)?

It would take some effort but could be acheived manually, and more easily if the regions are defined, as they would provide boundary lines for you to snap to.   Perhaps I've misunderstood?

If I don't get sanctioned for posting a non-MI solution, you may care to look at this rather dated way of mapping regions: mapbrix.net/map.xls

Good luck.

Ian.

Ian Oldfield, MSc, CertEd.

Director