reading grid cells using geographic coordinates.

34 visualizações
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Sergi Gàmiz Ribelles

não lida,
20 de set. de 2022, 11:09:5220/09/2022
para MapInfo-L
Hello. Here again with another problem: accessing a grid via mapbasic given a position on the map returns the correct pixel value if coordinates are UTM but returns another pixel if coordinates are geographical (longitude / latitude). Does someone know how to solve this problem?
Thank you very much.

Daniel Wiens

não lida,
20 de set. de 2022, 13:59:3920/09/2022
para mapi...@googlegroups.com
Does this have something to do with orientation??? of pixels changing when moving from UTM to Lat/Long.  When I change from UTM to Lat/Long I notice an image is squished (great GIS terminology I'm sure)???  I try to always remain in UTM where everything is "square" and only change to Lat/Long when it's the last thing I do (usually when making customer deliverables.  The software is supposed to correct for this - but I don't trust it.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 8:09 AM Sergi Gàmiz Ribelles <sector_...@iies.es> wrote:
Hello. Here again with another problem: accessing a grid via mapbasic given a position on the map returns the correct pixel value if coordinates are UTM but returns another pixel if coordinates are geographical (longitude / latitude). Does someone know how to solve this problem?
Thank you very much.

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mapinfo-l/e314f81f-e2e0-4487-bd88-0d058fb91a0bn%40googlegroups.com.

Sergi Gàmiz Ribelles

não lida,
21 de set. de 2022, 09:30:3921/09/2022
para MapInfo-L
Thank you. Don't you know any math operation to correct it?

El dia dimarts, 20 de setembre de 2022 a les 19:59:39 UTC+2, D...@cropview.net va escriure:

Sergi Gàmiz Ribelles

não lida,
28 de set. de 2022, 12:57:5528/09/2022
para MapInfo-L
SOLVED.  I have solved this issue by means of a subroutine that transforms geographic coordinates to UTM using geodetic calculations. Then reading grid cells and subsequent calculations are in UTM coordsystem.
SGR
El dia dimecres, 21 de setembre de 2022 a les 15:30:39 UTC+2, Sergi Gàmiz Ribelles va escriure:
Responder a todos
Responder ao autor
Encaminhar
0 nova mensagem