Re: [MI-L] MapInfo Pro License Lapse

Message has been deleted

David Sherrod

Oct 6, 2021, 11:12:52 AM10/6/21
to MapInfo-L
My experience is anecdotal only, but it suggests that, once you own the software, it is yours to use as long as the OS will tolerate it.

Example: I stopped maintenance support 3-4 years ago when I no longer needed all the advantages of upgrades.  Version 8.5 and 12 still run on my machines, Windows 10.  I have v. 15 as well but don't use it much.

Have been through a computer crash or two in the time since. Reload from the CD, enter the access number that was supplied with original purchase, et voila.  Not sure it would have gone as smoothly if my original installation were entirely online, with no CD.  But that's not your concern or question; the question is will the software work once the paid maintenance support ends.  My anecdotal experience is a booming YES.
On Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 02:57:32 AM PDT, Charles Harris <dbtri...@gmail.com> wrote:

Anyone know what happens if you no longer renew the maintenance and support for MapInfo Pro? Bought the software years ago. I assume I wouldn't be able to use support, update the software or move it to new hardware, but it would keep working at it's current version on the current hardware.

Worried that the software might stop working.

Any thoughts or knowledge gratefully received.

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mapinfo-l/65324cc5-bfe8-4eb1-a0a7-55859191a336n%40googlegroups.com.