MI 8 MBX files

Daniel Wiens

Aug 27, 2022, 1:25:38 AM8/27/22
to MapInfo-L
Will MI 8 MBX run in new MapInfo???

Martin Hodder

Aug 27, 2022, 5:16:38 AM8/27/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dan,

If it is a pure MapBasic application then it will run on the new version and will create a legacy tab.

If you application uses any 32 bit DLL’s then it will not run in the 64 bit version at all.

I hope that helps

Regards

Martin Hodder

Higher Mapping Solutions

www.highermappingsolutions.com

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mapinfo-l/69bebb03-490c-4364-9222-1f786f3971dan%40googlegroups.com.

Daniel Wiens

Aug 27, 2022, 3:39:06 PM8/27/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply.  Bill Thoen wrote applications I use regularly in MI8 20 or more years ago.  Too bad he had brain issues.  He was a tremendous individual as well.  He would give me a bill for writing code and I'd double his bill and send it back to him.  He was never out for the buck.  I need him now in the worst way.  I could really use him again to write more code, but, oh well.  Maybe there's another Bill Thoen out there somewhere.  If you know of such an individual, send me his email address.  MapInfo at that time was and still is now ahead of its time.
I'll download the trial 32 bit version and see what happens.  Maybe my old MI8 will run in Windows 11.  If not, I'll need to buy the 32 bit version of MI if it works.