I'm reposting these instructions here for the benefit of those who haven't been keeping up with the KS and IGG Updates.
1. Download the latest version of the MapForge from here, if you have not done so already.
2. Launch MapForge and wait for the “Welcome to MapForge” message to show, indicating that the app is ready for use.
3. Open the "Window" menu (which appears when your mouse cursor is near the top edge of the map window) and select "License". A small License panel will open.
4. Click on the "Claim Purchased License" button on the License panel. This should open your default email client and generate a pre-filled email containing your computer's unique Challenge Code.
4A. If this fails to happen (expected, on some Windows systems, especially those that use webmail exclusively), click instead on the text field that displays your Challenge Code. This will copy the Challenge Code to your clipboard, so that you can paste it into an email to me, and thus avoid the possibility of typos in your submitted code.
5. I will email you a Response Code that is specific to your computer. Copy and paste this Response Code into the "Response Code" field of the MapForge's License panel, and then press the "Unlock" button, which will install/activate your license.
You should receive your software's activation code/s shortly after I have received your Challenge Code. I will also send you download links and registration codes for any Add-Ons you purchased or got as a Stretch Goal reward.
In v1.0, copy and paste is broken for the application license response code, so I had to input it by hand. Inputting by hand worked.
In version 1.0.1 I don't know if copy and paste is still broken because I had already typed in by hand in v1.0
Display.txt License.txt Updates.txt
I recently learned that MapForge is still looking for reg codes on the original/old server, not the new server. I will fix that in the next release. However, I have now set up almost everyone's data on both servers.