inbreed or outbreed

Mehedi Hasan

Aug 26, 2013, 12:31:02 PM8/26/13
to mapf...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have a data of 283 F2 fish. These were obtained from a single pair of F1 parent and F0 grand parent. The F0 was obtained from natural population (mother from marine and father from pond) and the genotypes are not  homogeneous and some are unknown (e.g., A- and BC; "-"= unknown). Alleles are differing with the loci (e.g., allele of the some of the locus is A and B, for some is A, B and C and some contains A, B, C and D.
What should I call for analyzing my data in R/qtl? inbreed or out breed? Please help me to define my data set.
Best regards,
Mehedi

Federico Calboli

Oct 8, 2013, 9:40:29 AM10/8/13
to mapf...@googlegroups.com
Mehedi,

given the fact that the F0 is 'wild' the cross is outbred -- inbred crosses assume that each F0 individual is 'perfectly' homozygous (that also means that all the F1 would be the same for all the autosome genotypes, i.e. all heterozygote of the two parental alleles).

BW

MD. Mehedi Hasan

Oct 8, 2013, 5:23:30 PM10/8/13
to mapf...@googlegroups.com