animated tiles not saved to tmx/tsx file

Marshall Ward

Sep 6, 2014, 11:55:12 PM9/6/14
to mape...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying out the animated tile feature off the current master branch version, but my changes don't seem to be saved to my output files. Is this currently enabled? Am I looking in the right place?

Thorbjørn Lindeijer

Sep 7, 2014, 6:40:11 AM9/7/14
to mape...@googlegroups.com
Hey Marshall,

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014, at 05:55 AM, Marshall Ward wrote:
I'm trying out the animated tile feature off the current master branch version, but my changes don't seem to be saved to my output files. Is this currently enabled? Am I looking in the right place?

Whoops, thanks for asking about this because actually you're not supposed to be able to edit animations in .tsx files (well, of course it would be nice, but this is currently unsupported). Just like with adding tile properties, it needs to be done while the tileset is part of the map file and afterwards the tileset should be exported to the .tsx file.

The root of this issue is that there is no real .tsx file handling implemented yet and they do not have an undo stack. The saving of the .tsx file happens only on doing an export, so any changes made while the tileset is not imported are lost. For this reason I've tried to make sure any editing functionality in disabled in the UI for external tilesets, but I forgot to do this for the animation editor. I'll fix this before doing the 0.10 release.

Best regards,
Bjørn

Marshall Ward

Sep 7, 2014, 8:22:10 PM9/7/14
to mape...@googlegroups.com
I was testing this out on the example .tmx files in the repo (desert, sewer, etc) which all use .tsx files, so I guess that explains it. It all looks good when the tileset is embedded in the tmx.

Thanks Bjørn!