Copy the whole layer

Роман Сытник

Aug 12, 2014, 3:02:19 PM8/12/14
to mape...@googlegroups.com
How can I copy in one and paste the whole layer in another map in Tiled?
Thank you!

Erik Schilling

Aug 12, 2014, 3:09:58 PM8/12/14
to mape...@googlegroups.com

On 12/08/14 21:02, Роман Сытник wrote:
> How can I copy in one and paste the whole layer in another map in Tiled?
> Thank you!

You can copy the whole layer using Ctrl+A Ctrl+C and in the new map
simply insert it again as usualy with Ctrl+V

Note that this only works for single layers not all layers at once.

Regards,
Erik

Thorbjørn Lindeijer

Aug 12, 2014, 3:14:17 PM8/12/14
to mape...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 12, 2014, at 09:02 PM, Роман Сытник wrote:
> How can I copy in one and paste the whole layer in another map in Tiled?
> Thank you!

1. Select the layer you want to copy
2. Press Ctrl+A to select everything
3. Press Ctrl+C to copy the selection (it will only copy the current
layer)
4. Switch to the other map
5. Press Ctrl+V to paste. In case of copying a tile layer, it will now
be on the stamp brush
6. Position the layer as you want (maybe you need to zoom out a bit),
click to draw

Empty spaces in the source layer will not copy over whatever is present
in the target layer, so if you mean to erase what is already there then
you need to delete it first (using selection tool + Delete key is
usually the most efficient).

Regards,
Bjørn