Basic question about tiles map

Mahbub Rahman

Jun 14, 2014, 6:09:51 AM6/14/14
to mape...@googlegroups.com

-Since we build map from individual object, how it save memory actually? If  I add 10 image from a png  file  so my map will 10 X individual image size right? So how it save memory?

-Also, can anybody point me  about  layer  and level in map, I am confused  and looking some doc about it.

Thanks

Stefan Beller

Jun 14, 2014, 6:26:08 AM6/14/14
to mape...@googlegroups.com
On 14.06.2014 12:09, Mahbub Rahman wrote:
> ld map from individual object, how it save memory actually?
> If I add 10 image from a png file so my map will 10 X individual image
> size right? So how it save memory?

Actually the memory saving may be small.
Usually it's about having only few textures in the opengl memory, so the
graphics card can better deal with it.