String freeze for Tiled 0.10.0

Thorbjørn Lindeijer

Aug 31, 2014, 8:25:09 AM8/31/14
to mape...@googlegroups.com
[this mail is sent to all current Tiled translators as well as to the
Tiled mailing list]

Dear all,

We have finally reached the point where we can do another new feature
release of Tiled! In part it has taken so long because I have less time
for Tiled than I used to, but on the other hand a lot has happened in
the past 1.5 years making this the biggest new Tiled release ever. A
preliminary changelog is at:

https://github.com/bjorn/tiled/blob/master/NEWS

So, now it is time to update the translations (or add new ones!). There
are over 200 new or changed strings to look over (vs. about 130 in 0.9).
I hope each of the translators will have time for this during the
upcoming week, so that I could release Tiled 0.10 around 6th of
September. For anybody else, please take a daily build for a spin and
see if you can find any new issues.

For reference here are the current translators:

Brazilian Portuguese: Jonatas de Moraes Junior
Chinese: Zhao Sting
Czech: Petr Viktorin
Dutch: Thorbjørn Lindeijer
French: Yohann Ferreira
German: Erik Schilling
Hebrew: Tamir Atias
Italian: Omnomnobot
Japanese: Hiroki Utsunomiya
Latvian: --!! translator missing !!--
Portuguese: Porfírio Ribeiro
Russian: Alex Vega
Spanish: Mauricio Muñoz Lucero
Tranditional Chinese: Yehnan Chiang

The .ts files in the git repository have been updated, so you can either
use those if you have a local up-to-date checkout or download them from
here:

https://github.com/bjorn/tiled/tree/master/translations

I don't remember whether anybody was using Transifex, but the
translations can also be made or uploaded there. Request permissions if
you need them, since they got lost when I moved Tiled to its own
organization:

http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/tiled/resource/master/

The easiest way to update a translation is by using Qt Linguist and the
most convenient way for me to receive a translation update is by pull
request on github.com. Alternatively, translations can be sent back to
me by mail or by uploading it to transifex.com and mailing me about
this.

If you are no longer interested in translating Tiled, let me know! Then
I will try not to mail you anymore to ask for translation updates.

Thanks to all translators and testers in advance!

Best regards,
Bjørn