Hex maps?

gavinp...@hotmail.com

Jun 17, 2014, 5:52:41 PM6/17/14
to mape...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Just stumbled across this software while looking for something that I could use to design GEO-HEX wargames terrain layouts in. Is hex mapping available yet in the main release, and if not can anyone point me in the direction of working links (and instructions of how to use it!) to the branch (I think that's what it was called) which had implemented it?

Many thanks,

Gavin

Thorbjørn Lindeijer

Jun 17, 2014, 6:00:43 PM6/17/14
to mape...@googlegroups.com
Adding support for hex maps is issue
https://github.com/bjorn/tiled/issues/1. In the comments there you can
also find links to the forks / branches that have added support for
hexagonal maps. Of course the goal is to eventually support it in Tiled
proper, but I can't give a time estimate on this.

Best regards,
Bjørn

GavinP

Jun 18, 2014, 5:15:58 AM6/18/14
to mape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bjørn,
I'm sorry, I don't know anything about GitHub or what to do with the links in the thread you referenced. It looks to me like the latest work was done on this link https://github.com/chedburgh/tiled/commits/master but that no longer goes anywhere. If I use the link immediately before that (https://github.com/evant/tiled/branches/hex) then I get into GitHub. What I do next is a complete mystery - maybe I'm out of my depth here. I was looking for a hopefully quick and easy and user friendly piece of software. Any help you could give would be appreciated.