Can't edit properties of a tsx tileset?

Inocêncio Oliveira

Sep 22, 2014, 4:20:46 PM9/22/14
to mape...@googlegroups.com
I've noticed that and it sounds to me a badly design. Why can't edit a saved tileset properties (or I'm doing something wrong)?

Thorbjørn Lindeijer

Sep 22, 2014, 4:26:20 PM9/22/14
to mape...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Sep 22, 2014, at 10:20 PM, Inocêncio Oliveira wrote:
I've noticed that and it sounds to me a badly design. Why can't edit a saved tileset properties (or I'm doing something wrong)?

You're doing nothing wrong, but Tiled is intensionally not allowing you to edit the properties of external tilesets, and this is indeed because of a bad design (such edits would currently never be saved). To work around this, you need to temporarily import the tileset, edit the properties and then export it again. In this process you overwrite the .tsx file, thereby saving your changes.

Eventually, it would of course be nice to fix the design so that edits to .tsx files are properly tracked, so that they can be undone and saved.

Regards,
Bjørn

Inocêncio Oliveira

Sep 22, 2014, 6:37:56 PM9/22/14
to mape...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Bjørn, to answer.

This issue occurs precisely when I import the tsx file on a new map.

First off we create a new tileset and make some alterations on this file (before save) and when you're done then export the tileset as a tsx file, when I open this tsx file on a new map I cannot any longer make further modifications, tiles properties modification remaining blocked.

Best Regards

Thorbjørn Lindeijer

Sep 22, 2014, 6:40:32 PM9/22/14
to mape...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 23, 2014, at 12:37 AM, Inocêncio Oliveira wrote:
Thank you, Bjørn, to answer.

This issue occurs precisely when I import the tsx file on a new map.

First off we create a new tileset and make some alterations on this file (before save) and when you're done then export the tileset as a tsx file, when I open this tsx file on a new map I cannot any longer make further modifications, tiles properties modification remaining blocked.

With "importing" I mean making the external tileset an internal one, using the "Import Tileset" button below the tileset view. Once you have done that, you can make modification again, which you should then save by redoing the "Export Tileset" action.

Best regards,
Bjørn

Inocêncio Oliveira

Sep 22, 2014, 8:29:31 PM9/22/14
to mape...@googlegroups.com
Worked for me, now. I just saw this button when you mentioned it.