I hate to ask the question but ...

Igor Castang

Jan 31, 2019, 5:54:43 AM1/31/19
to MapDB
Hello

first I wanted to thank Jan and the MapDB community for a very good product and tool.

However seeing how little activity there is (both on the mailing list and on github) I wonder if I should consider the project to be frozen (or worst dead).

best regards to all.

alla...@utoronto.ca

Feb 1, 2019, 2:55:56 PM2/1/19
to MapDB

There is only @Jan working on the product and he does publish update every so often.  As far as I know, he spend most of his time doing paid support for MapDB.

My experience with the product is excellent so I would not worry.  Like all very well made products, it just works, and keeps working, and does it well.

Rami Ojares

Feb 5, 2019, 8:28:51 AM2/5/19
to ma...@googlegroups.com

How can you say that Jan is working on this project if he does not even answer emails in here?

- Rami

alla...@utoronto.ca

Feb 5, 2019, 11:48:17 AM2/5/19
to MapDB

I can only say that there have been updates over time, new releases, but infrequently.  If you go through the posts on Github or here you'll see Jan answer every so often.

So, it's up to you as to what to do.  I have had a very good experience with the product with what I do.  If you chose to continue with MapDB, and you need technical help, I'm sure someone in the group will assist.

Rami Ojares

Feb 6, 2019, 9:52:33 AM2/6/19
to ma...@googlegroups.com

Fair enough.
Thank you for answering.

- Rami

Jan Kotek

Feb 7, 2019, 2:48:51 AM2/7/19
to ma...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

This project is not frozen. I am planning new version, it will support data migration from older versions.

Right now I am busy with other things, and I do work related to MapDB.

All best,

Jan

Igor Castang

Feb 7, 2019, 7:23:13 AM2/7/19
to MapDB
Thanks a lot for the answer Jan,

Just to clarify.
- I use MapDB
- I like MapDB A LOT

It was just that the activity around MapDB was even lower than usual, that had me wondering, thus my post.

once again thanks for making MapDB available to us all (at such a small price :-D)