MapDB 3 documentation about transactions & concurrency

Franck Mangin

Aug 26, 2020, 3:45:46 AM8/26/20
to MapDB
Hi all,

I can't find any sort of documentation about the proper use of transactions for MapDB 3?
Searching online mostly yields examples using TXMaker, which apparently is gone?
Checking the kotlin sources on github I don't see any tests or examples around concurrency or transactions... any pointer would be appreciated :)

I find this in the latest docs:

"DB has methods to handle a transaction lifecycle: commit(), rollback() and close().

One DB object represents single transaction. The example above uses single global transaction per store, which is sufficient for some usages:"

... but this doesn't say anything about concurrency or how to create additional transactions?

Basically I am looking for design guidelines for a store that processes concurrent updates that require isolated reads (increments existing values in the store); and also processes periodic reads.

Thanks!

Jan Kotek

Aug 31, 2020, 5:57:51 AM8/31/20
to MapDB
Hi,
concurrent transaction (MVCC), TXMaker etc are  not in version 3.
Most documentation points to version 1.

Jan