mapping higways in Nepal

rajeev

Mar 15, 2011, 10:37:35 PM3/15/11
to map-countr...@googlegroups.com
Greetings!

I've poked around but haven't seen any discussions regarding highway nomenclature in mapping Nepal.  Is there a specific place where this is being discussed?  For example, the highway labels/signs for national & regional highways, and other standards?

Also, I've added a lot of roads in Nepal which do not seem to appear in GMM.  In searching through the discussion groups, I've seen references to this here and there as well as responses that this has been fixed.  However, some of the roads I've added don't show up even a week after being "published" while some are added to GMM the very next day.

This leads to my next question regarding reviewer approval.  Several of my edits have been pending moderation for quite some time now but have not gone through.  Is there a backlog- and we simply don't have enough reviewers in our region?  Or do I need to do something else?

Sorry if I'm bringing up issues that have already been addressed- any info or a point in the right direction in case there is already a solution listed somewhere would be most appreciated.

rajeev

CNR Nair

Mar 15, 2011, 11:27:16 PM3/15/11
to map-countr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rajeev

Thank you for your interest in mapping and patience.
Can you provide the links of features you have added and pending moderation.
Some of the features you have added may not be displayed immediately.
Probably this is a rendering problem

Regards
CNR

rajeev

Mar 16, 2011, 6:12:06 PM3/16/11
to map-countr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks CNR,

You're absolutely correct: it looks like all of my pending edits have now been approved but simply have not been rendered.  I received a follow-up regarding this when I inquired elsewhere and have starred the relevant Issue Tracker http://code.google.com/p/google-mapmaker/issues/detail?id=1394.

 Thanks again!
rajeev