Error after deploying to remote tomcat server

mmussa...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2015, 8:29:40 AM7/30/15
to manydesigns-portofino
I deployed my portofino application to remote tomcat server. Then tried to open it and got the error:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /index.jsp(1,2) File "/m/pageactions/redirect-to-landing-page.jsp" not found
index.jsp calls to include m/pageactions/redirect-to-landing-page.jsp, but I don't have such file.
could you please help with this problem

Alessio Stalla

Jul 30, 2015, 8:32:14 AM7/30/15
to manydesign...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

All of Portofino's built-in JSP files and other web resources are inside jar files under META-INF/resources. This is a feature of servlet API 3.x. Check that your Tomcat supports servlet 3 - it has to be at least Tomcat 7.

Hope this helps!
Alessio

mmussa...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2015, 5:55:49 AM8/5/15
to manydesigns-portofino
Thank you. It worked after upgrading tomcat to 8 version

Alessio Stalla

Aug 20, 2015, 7:53:28 AM8/20/15
to manydesign...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear! If you have troubles with Portofino or need some tips to go forward, don't hesitate to write here or ask on Stack Overflow (we check it regularly).

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 11:55 AM, <mmussa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you. It worked after upgrading tomcat to 8 version

Vivian Lin

Dec 15, 2022, 2:20:24 AM12/15/22
to manydesigns-portofino
I am getting the same issue, but I am using tomcat 9.
I currently move Portofino (4.2.3) from a single webapp tomcat 8.5 to tomcat 9 under SAP Business Objects,
I set up separate service and host, but getting the same error message.
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /index.jsp (line: [1], column: [2]) JSP file [/m/pageactions/redirect-to-landing-page.jsp] not found
is there anywhere I can include the classpath?

I don't build or compile via Eclipse, I moved the project webapp folder straight to new server.
thank you so much for your help.