Portofino 5.3.3 released

Alessio Stalla

Oct 22, 2022, 7:33:38 AM10/22/22
to manydesign...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I'm glad to announce the release of Portofino 5.3.3! This is mostly a bugfix release, however we've also included updates to various dependencies (in particular, Angular 13 and some security fixes) and a new way of integrating parts of Portofino as a library in a Spring Boot application. You can expect that trend to continue since from our data most of the new Portofino-based applications out there require some form of integration into a microservices environment.

That said, most of the development nowadays is happening on the Portofino 6 branch, due to be released sometime in 2023. So, stay tuned, and don't worry – there is a migration path from Portofino 5, and it's much easier than it was from 4 to 5, because the architecture stays the same this time.

The full changelog for version 5.3.3 is on GitHub. A guide for upgrading from a previous version of Portofino 5.x is in our wiki.

You can download Portofino 5.3.3 binaries, API documentation, and source packages from SourceForge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/portofino/files/manydesigns-portofino.

Library dependencies and project archetypes to build Portofino applications are available on Maven Central and on npm for the Angular UI. Also, a Docker image for the standalone Upstairs application to manage a Portofino instance is available on Docker Hub.

Finally, on the GitHub wiki you can find:

Sincerely,

Alessio