Introduction(s)

robotic...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2007, 10:40:17 PM11/6/07
to Manufacturing Automation
I'd like to take this time to introduce myself, I'm John Mason,
president of RS TECH. We are part of a group of independent
contractors who do Manufacturing Automation Services. I've been
programming robots since April of 1994. During that time I have been
fortunate enough to program: Toyodenyo, Motoman, Fanuc, ABB, and
Panasonic robots. Some of the applications are Arc or Mig Welding,
Spot Welding, Part Handling, Water Jet cutting, Router cutting, laser
measurement, and dispensing. If you have any questions or comments,
please feel free to discus.

JM

Robot_dr

Nov 7, 2007, 9:26:54 AM11/7/07
to Manufacturing Automation
I guess this would be a good opportunity to introduce myself as well.
Im Paul Sprunger, a senior service tech. at KMT Robotic Solutions
www.kmtgroup.com (Formerly RPT) in Auburn Hills, MI.
I have been programming various robots for the last 15 years and have
been servicing them for the last 7 years.
I am a Fanuc Master certfied service technision, and have had some
training and exposure to ABB, but am far from an expert.
The process that I work with most often, is waterjet, But have done
router trimming, knife trimming, Laser trimming and scoring, glue and
paint, as well as various welding and material handling applications.
I have a vast collection of procedures and trouble shooting tips for
Fanuc robots, and I hope to contribute and assist as a group member.

John, We have met a couple of times in the past. I think the last time
was at Max and Ermas in Dayton a few years ago. I thought that you
were stuck in Japan. You finally made it back home again?

Paul

robotic...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2007, 3:11:21 PM11/24/07
to Manufacturing Automation
Hi Paul,

I think it was Max & Erma's. You must have started at "RPT"
after I left in early 2000. I was never "stuck" in Japan; my longest
stays are not usually more than the 90 day visa issued by their
immigration officers. I have however traveled there several times
since going self-employed. Some of the work can be found on my web
site at rs-tech.net/projects.html.

Sorry for the delayed response...I've been living on the road
jumping around from Mississippi, Georgia, Kentucky, and Ohio the past
few weeks. In any case, I hope we can get up a lively discussion here
on the group. I'm working on a couple of web sites to help promote
and share ideas among the robot technician community. There are a lot
of us out there...it is time we get together to enhance our careers.

John