product manifold

Mohammad Ali Nazari

Feb 9, 2021, 10:00:35 AM2/9/21
to Manopt
Hello
I want to solve an optimization problem including m different manifolds, where m is not fixed, and it is a parameter. Would you please give me some hints?
Thank you.
Mohammad

Nicolas Boumal

Feb 9, 2021, 10:41:32 AM2/9/21
to Manopt
Hello,

Using the tools productmanifold and powermanifold, you can automatically create representations for products of manifolds.

powermanifold gives you M^n, where M is a manifold and n is an integer. It's ok for n to be a parameter.

productmanifold takes as input a structure which can have as many fields as you like. The number of fields can also depend on parmaters in your code. Once the structure is constructed, give it to productmanifold and it will give you a representation for the product manifold.

I hope this helps.
Best,
Nicolas