manopt solver fiailed

jifa zhang

Jan 6, 2024, 9:50:47 AMJan 6
to Manopt
微信图片_20240106224925.png
hello, when i use manopt solver to deal with my problem, something wrong, can you help me? thank you very much.

Ronny Bergmann

Jan 11, 2024, 8:42:50 AMJan 11
to Manopt
Hi there,
can you maybe provide a bit more details, a bit of code that reproduces the problem, that we can run as well, maybe?

This way I can just tell you that for the silver you used (it seems to be trust regions?) gets a rho that is NaN, which – as the error message also says – might for example be due to the retraction returning a point outside of the manifold. This can be numerical inaccuracies or that you are on a manifold where the retraction you use only makes sense locally.

Nicolas Boumal

Jan 18, 2024, 7:50:59 AMJan 18
to Manopt
The cost function value seems to be NaN already for the initial guess (line "iter 0" shows "Cost val" to be NaN). This suggests an issue with the cost function implementation.