Question about complex hessian of a barrier function

alex Sebastian

Dec 8, 2023, 2:07:42 AM12/8/23
to Manopt
Dear ManOpt team,
I am working on an optimization with a barrier function given by QQ截图20231208145839.jpg,
where v is a complex vector at euclidean space, b is a real variable and A is a hermitian matrix.
Now I have difficult to get the hessian about the function at its feasible region. Could you please help me to derive the hessian?

Nicolas Boumal

Dec 8, 2023, 7:34:06 AM12/8/23
to Manopt
Hello,
Before you get the Hessian, you should get the gradient. What did you obtain for this step, and what steps did you take to check its correctness?
Best,
Nicolas

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

alex Sebastian

Dec 9, 2023, 5:20:18 AM12/9/23
to Manopt
Hello,
Thanks for your reply. I have gotten the gradient and passed the gradient check in manopt. Here is the result。
untitled.png
The slope should be 2. It appears to be: 2.00001.
The residual should be 0, or very close. Residual: 3.71409e-16.

Best wishes.