Trouble using created data in msnopt code

Thomas Ketseoglou

Jan 10, 2024, 9:00:50 PMJan 10
to Manopt
Hello,

I am new to the group, but I have had some manifold experience working in wireless comms. I have starting using some manopt code to optimize my results. Here is the issue I experience: I use a function to create my channels randomly, ending with a number of matrices. When I try to use these channel matrices in the code, to create a problem.egrad function using the above channels, matlab does not recognize the channels, so it crashes.

Say A is a 10X10X5 array of 5 10X10 channel data. In my problem.partialegrad loop, I invoke thes A channels, e.g., A(:,:,i) during i iteration, but although A is in the workspace,  matlab does not find it. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Thomas Ketseoglou

Nicolas Boumal

Feb 3, 2024, 9:38:56 AMFeb 3
to Manopt
Hello Thomas,

This seems to be more a Matlab question regarding variable scoping with respect to functions and function handles. Maybe these posts help?  https://ch.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/485576-what-are-variable-scopes

Best,
Nicolas