What is the manifold of x^H A x<=1, where A is a complex semi definite matrix, and x is a constant envelope complex vector?

proki...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2020, 12:44:39 PM2/20/20
to Manopt
Hi,
I’m fresh there, and I want to find the manifold of the question above. Actually, I checked the manifold list, the manifold x^H A x=1, is kind of like generalized stiefel manifold when x is a vector of real numbers. However,I do not know what it would be in the complex case and with the inequality constraints. Any ideas or tutorials would be appreciated! Thanks!

BM

Feb 21, 2020, 5:27:05 AM2/21/20
to Manopt
Hello Prokins,

The manifold of interest would be spherecomplexfactory. To use this, we have to first use the varible z = B*x instead of x, where B is the matrix square root of A (which I would assume to be positive definite). The constraint in z would be z'*z = 1, which the complex sphere factory.  x is substituted by Binv*z. Looking carefully at the problem, it may be possible to avoid storing Binv (inverse of B explicitly).

Regards,
Bamdev