Dr. Bob Lorinser DEMS Membership Guest Speaker Thursday

Margaret Raddatz

Oct 17, 2021, 3:16:26 PM10/17/21
to manist...@googlegroups.com

Good afternoon, Manistee Dems

Dr. Bob Lorinser here, a Democratic candidate running for Congress. I'm eager to unseat my Trump-Republican opponent, Jack Bergman, and bring back ethical, honest representation to Northern Michigan and the U.P. I wanted to provide you an important update on the campaign.
We have a huge opportunity here. The more I talk to voters across the political spectrum, the more I feel energized. This district is fired up. I hear it from all sides: voters have had enough with the current Representative and it's time to move away from divisive leaders.

The truth is – Jack Bergman tried to undermine democracy by discounting our votes in the last election. He called infrastructure investments a waste of money, voted against improvements to Veteran Affairs facilities, and he hasn't done anything to improve the lives of rural Michiganders.

Bergman's Q3 financial reports confirm that he is so anxious about our campaign that he purchased website names portraying my identity before we could legally spend money.

We need your help exposing these dishonest tactics so voters have the opportunity to compare each candidate's character.

I'm humbly asking for your support. Our district is expanding and it will require more resources to spread our unifying message.
You're invited.
We have some free upcoming events. RSVP or show up to connect.
Our boundaries are changing, but my commitment to Northern Michigan and the U.P. is unwavering. Jack Bergman has nothing more to offer an expanded district other than more division and discord. He blindly toes the party line from its furthest wing, even when it's detrimental to the constituency.

I am a rural Michigander. I've lived here for three decades. I raised a family here. I work here. I've known, cared for, and served the people of this great district for most of my career. These communities are a part of who I am.

They canceled two hearings for public feedback in our district, so it's important citizens provide input by mail, digitally, or register and travel to one of Gaylord's meetings. For more, read my post about the expansion.
Here's what I support (and more)
To flip this district, I need your help.
Last quarter, (Q3) we only had three full weeks of fundraising, but we met ourmodest goal of $20,000. I matched it to seed this grassroots effort in Q4. My opponent raised a similar amount from individual contributors in the same timeframe, but with the addition of his corporate PAC checks through the entire quarter, he of course out-raised us. He doesn't have a grassroots army. He has millionaires.

Your investment will keep us strong into January. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss any issues. I'm happy to engage directly when you respond to these e-mails.

Thank you for your consideration.

Yours,

Dr. Bob

If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe.
FacebookTwitterLinkedIn
PAID FOR BY THE FRIENDS OF DR. BOB LORINSER

FRIENDS OF DR. BOB
PO BOX 936
Marquette, MI 49855
United States

Tom Stobie

Oct 18, 2021, 2:45:47 AM10/18/21
to Margaret Raddatz, manist...@googlegroups.com
--
Website http://www.manisteecountydemocrats.us
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1711070132463223/

Tim Joseph

Oct 18, 2021, 7:37:07 AM10/18/21
to Tom Stobie, Margaret Raddatz, manist...@googlegroups.com
I like the Doctor's response to Bergman's name-calling ("radical leftist").  He lays out what he stands for.  The worst thing we can do is run away saying "I'm not a... (whatever stupid name they call us) ...thus repeating their lie.  Tim