SQL and R

João Paulo Lemes Machado

Nov 16, 2017, 8:40:45 PM11/16/17
to manipulatr

Hi, my name is João Paulo I am a master's student in the course of computer science.

I intend to create or modificate a package for the R that makes the SQL language commands available for use.

I know that dplyr() already execute SQL commands within R.

I wish SQL commands could be used more naturally like the native R functions.

What I want to do is for example: Select cor(df.a,df.b,df.c) from dataframe df.

In this case cor() is the native R function for correlation.

This way i could integrate the R functions with SQL, and the SQL commands will have the same syntax as in a workbench aplication.

Do you have any idea of how can I do that? Is this possible??