Closure of Manifestation Journal

peterlevesque

Aug 13, 2009, 2:44:14 PM8/13/09
to Manifestation Journal
Dear Group Members

No funding - No Journal: RIP: August 13, 2009

Manifestation has been a volunteer effort. The burden of advertising,
editing, responding to requests, and general support has however been
carried mostly by the Editor - with some very appreciated help with
reviewing and advertising by the Board and external reviewers - Thank
you!

Despite numerous funding requests and promising discussions with two
potential new volunteer editors, I have been unable to secure any
funding. I have spent almost $14k on travel to CBR related
conferences, meetings, advertising, supplies, hosting, software -
without a cent of external support. As a self-employed person, this
has become too much of a burden. The first issue was subsidized with
profits from my consulting work but the economic downturn means that I
have to work harder for less revenue - leaving me with even less time
to do this.

As such, Manifestation will no longer be published. This is regretful
and weighs heavily on my spirit. For those that know me, community-
university research and participatory methods has been something I
have been passionate about for several decades.

The existing issue will remain online as an archive for the
foreseeable future. Hard copies may also be purchased online.

I wish to thank the volunteers and contributors. It has been an
interesting and informative experiment.

Sincerely,

Peter Levesque, (former) Editor
pnlev...@gmail.com