Using another field as _id

Ahmed Nasser

May 16, 2012, 8:33:11 AM5/16/12
to Mandango Users, ahmad....@jidari.com
Hello,

We need to be able to use another field of the document (ex:Email) as
the ID of the collection. Mongo supports using the natural identifier
as the ID instead of the generated Mongo ID.

In Mandango, we were able to change the DBName of the "Email" field to
be _id. However, this does not function correctly as the setId method
of the Document expects a MongoID object.

Is there anyway to specify a field of the collection to be the _id in
Mandango?

Thanks,
Ahmed.

Pablo Díez

May 20, 2012, 11:32:38 AM5/20/12
to mandang...@googlegroups.com

Ahmed Nasser

May 20, 2012, 3:05:53 PM5/20/12
to mandang...@googlegroups.com
Yes, sorry, We were looking at the tag version (old version). Will give it a try on the latest version. Thanks a lot for your help.
Ahmed.