Woocommerce gift vouchers

Debbie Tomkies

Dec 7, 2020, 10:18:56 AM12/7/20
to Manchester WordPress User Group
Hi all,
Could anyone assist with advice on good plugins (or how to use the one I have) that enable customers to purchase and redeem gift vouchers on our webstore?

I'm running WooCommerce on a wp site, weaver theme, with elementor pro. I bought the wpweb WooCommerce pdf vouchers plugin and, despite having seemingly excellent reviews I'm really struggling to work with it. The support videos have no sound and just seem to waft over the general area of the point they're trying to make (a couple of pop-up comments appear) so not much help there. There doesn't seem to be much on youtube, even the usually good youtubers don't appear to cover it :(

I've just about got the voucher set up as a product but the templates (a pathetic four  borders that look like something from the 80s) seem very unintuitive. It's sort of a drag and drop builder but has limited capability, inserting images is not well explained and the vendor data doesn't update but keeps putting in the author's default company data as well as mine.

If anyone uses it and can assist with template design, I'd be most grateful.
Ideally I was hoping to be able to import the voucher info (recipient name, message, voucher value and a nice image) into the template for customers to print off a nice, personalised voucher.

Alternatively, if there's a really great plugin someone could recommend and I should just cut my losses and move to a better one, suggestions would be welcome!

Apologies for the ranty post but unless I'm missing something this is the least user-friendly plugin I have ever used and I'm not sure where to go next :(

Many thanks,

Debbie