Can anyone help restore my footer

Job Bedward

Oct 5, 2020, 4:35:07 PM10/5/20
to manchester-word...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am unsure what to do with my website www.wearefinsure.co.uk, since I updated my plugins last week. After the update my site suffered a critical error, I was able to get it back up but I'm unable to restore my footer and remove the unsightly area which is probably blocking my footer. The critical error was caused by the Redux update, which has since been removed.

Kind regards
Job

Pete Moore

Oct 6, 2020, 3:54:27 AM10/6/20
to Manchester WordPress User Group
Hi Job,

I looked at the code and can't see anything being blocked in the footer, except when the cookie notice appears.

The theme seems to have 2 footer sections a top & bottom.

The 3 columns widget areas in the top footer section appear to be empty so you will need to go to Appearance > Widgets inside the WordPress admin area

You will then most likely see something like Footer Column 1, Footer Column 2 etc or something similar.

You will need to put widgets in those areas for them to appear.

The bottom footer section is a credit link to the theme author, some themes let you remove that, but as I don't know the theme you will need to go through the settings

Hope that helps
Pete

Job Bedward

Oct 6, 2020, 4:28:02 AM10/6/20
to Manchester WordPress User Group
Good morning,

Thank you Pete for your reply, I managed to resolve the issue a moment ago, I just inserted my footer into the elementskit plugin and that rectified the problem, panic over.

Have a great day
Job