Manchester SciFi Book Club: MaddAddam

mcrsf madlab

Jul 5, 2015, 9:46:35 AM7/5/15
to manchest...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everbody!

Our next book is MaddAddam by Marget Attwood (496 pages) which we will be discussing on Tuesday 21st July. 7-9pm at Madlab.

In this final volume of the internationally celebrated MaddAddam trilogy, the Waterless Flood pandemic has wiped out most of the population. Toby is part of a small band of survivors, along with the Children of Crake: the gentle, bioengineered quasi-human species who will inherit this new earth.

As Toby explains their origins to the curious Crakers, her tales cohere into a luminous oral history that sets down humanity’s past—and points toward its future. Blending action, humor, romance, and an imagination at once dazzlingly inventive and grounded in a recognizable world, MaddAddam is vintage Atwood—a moving and dramatic conclusion to her epic work of speculative fiction.

Our next books

At this meeting we will be suggesting books to read in the future, so please let us have your ideas!

  • 18th Aug – Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie (432 pages)
  • 15th Sep – Gemsigns by Stephanie Saulter (400 pages)