Nosferatu at The Met theatre in Bury in October.

1 view

mcrsf madlab

Sep 5, 2015, 4:19:31 PM9/5/15
to Manchester Science Fiction Book Club

Hi Everybody!

We received the e-mail below about a play called Nosferatu, which may be of interest.

Don't forget we're reading Gemsigns by Stephanie Saulter this month and that our meeting is on 15th September.

See you next book!

Hi -

I'm writing about an event coming to The Met theatre in Bury this October which might be of interest to members of the Manchester SciFi Book Club.

Nosferatu is a new play inspired by an episode in Bram Stoker's novel "Dracula" and the classic silent film "Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror". The show tells the story of the last voyage of the sailing ship Demeter, which leaves Transylvania with a full crew and a mysterious cargo of wooden boxes; by the time it arrives in Whitby in Yorkshire all the sailors have vanished except for the captain, whose dead body is found strapped to the ship's wheel...

The show has been written by acclaimed Barnsley poet Ian McMillan, and is produced by Huddersfield's Proper Job Theatre Company. You can watch a trailer for the production here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd87rnFO1UM

Nosferatu can been seen at The Met theatre in Bury on Wednesday 7 and Thursday 8 October. Tickets cost £12, and are available online here: http://themet.biz/event/nosferatu/2335/

I hope that Nosferatu will be of interest to your members, and would be grateful if you could please share this information with them.

Many thanks.

Nick Smale