Manchester SciFi Book Club: World War Z

mcrsf madlab

Mar 9, 2015, 5:40:09 PM3/9/15
to manchest...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everybody!

This month we are reading by World War Z by Max Brooks (342 pages).

"It began with rumours from China about another pandemic. Then the cases started to multiply and what had looked like the stirrings of a criminal underclass, even the beginnings of a revolution, soon revealed itself to be much, much worse. Faced with a future of mindless, man-eating horror, humanity was forced to accept the logic of world government and face events that tested our sanity and our sense of reality."

We're meeting on 17th March 7-9pm at Madlab. All welcome, except zombies.

Our next books:

21st Apr – Time’s Eye by Arthur C Clarke & Stephen Baxter (384 pages)
19th May – The Man in the High Castle by Philip K Dick (272 pages)
16th Jun – We Who Are About To… by Joanna Russ (152 pages)
21st Jul – MaddAddam by Marget Attwood (496 pages)
18th Aug – Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie (432 pages)
15th Sep – Gemsigns by Stephanie Saulter (400 pages)