Third annual Manchester Mini Maker Faire: Call for Makers

Torben Steeg

Apr 14, 2014, 7:34:06 AM4/14/14
to manchester-mini...@googlegroups.com, uk-mmf-o...@googlegroups.com, uk-hac...@googlegroups.com, Torben Steeg, sabrina@makerfaire.com Merlo
Hi All

The third annual Manchester Mini Maker Faire will take place at the Museum of Science & Industry on 26-27 July this year and I’m pleased to say that the Call for Makers is now open for applications.
As ever, we are hoping to make this year’s programme of events bigger and better than last year’s. Here are some particular aspects that we would like to develop this year:
  • We’d like visitors to Manchester Mini Maker Faire to have a hands-on, interactive experience. If you have ideas for running workshops or activities that can be tried at your stand, we’d love to hear them.
  • We’d like to see lots of young makers exhibiting; these might be individuals with a hobby, members of ‘maker’ clubs or after-school clubs or students developing projects as a part of their studies in schools and colleges. If you know young people who have developed interesting products please encourage them to apply to exhibit. Please note that any under 18s must be accompanied by an adult.
  • The range of technical exhibits in previous years has been gaining in strength and we’d like that to continue, but we’d also like to see more exhibitors with a ‘craft’ orientation.
  • We’d also like to see pedal-powered inventions or creative bicycle designs.
  • We introduced a small programme of short talks and presentations last year. This year we would like to strengthen this and will have a separate space for talks within the exhibits. This is your opportunity to present your work in a more structured way than you can from your stand.
Please circulate this announcement to your contacts and lists of makers and, of course, make your own submissions….

Cheers,

Torben
http://dandtfordandt.wordpress.com/