Dear Managing Human Waste Google Group
I'd like to update you on the progress of Toilet Tech Solutions (TTS) in the last year.
- Mechanical urine diverting toilet seats imported from www.Ecodomeo.com, adapted to high use public sites in North and South America (over 50 units imported to date).
- Complete prefabricated toilet kits for front and back country, offered independently or with complete waste management solutions (Decompose & Waste Away).
- Custom design solutions, Wilderness Act compliance, engineering and permitting support.
- Waste management services
- yes, we will do everything with the solid waste, except stock toilet paper in some areas
New 2017 Products
TTS co-developed a toilet structure with Wishbone Site Furnishings, integrating a TTS-BTW urine diverting conveyor belt seat with their aluminum framed / recycled plastic T&G walled toilet structure. The first unit was installed in 2016 with the USDA Forest Service at Baker Lake, WA. Photos are attached here.
Check out the Wishbone John Toilet here
. It is a sophisticated toilet product known for its rapid assembly (1 hour) and very low O&M (no paint, no rot, no rust).
We revamped it in 2016 and updated it with new products, projects, photos, and a blog.
Recent TTS Installations and Significance
- Canmore Nordic Center, AB (2). High use (100+ per day).______Winter use. Urine discharged below frost line.
- Camp Muir, Mt. Rainier NP, (3). High use (100+ per day).______Eliminated noxious urine smell that plagued the camp.
- Pan Point, Mt. Rainier NP, (1). ___________________________Eliminated a terrible waste handling process. Aiming to operate as a Decompose system with a solar heating loop.
- Lago Capri, Patagonia Argentina (1). ______________________1000 users per day pass this outhouse. Huge volunteer support for construction and grant solicitation. BD LINK. Patagonia LINK.
- Baker Lake, USDA FS, WA (1). __________________________Boat access to popular camping site. First Wishbone "John" with TTS BTW seat. Photos attached.
- Fern Lake, Rocky Mountain NP, CO (1). ___________________ Entirely above ground (Wilderness) system with the exception of the urine drain field buried 6" in topsoil.
- Vancouver, mobile Tiny Home, Sam Gamling (1) _____________LINK.
- Cultus Lake, USDA FS, OR (2). __________________________Retrofit two failing Phoenix composting toilets.
- BC Parks
- Strathcona (3) operating with 2x1 yard tote bags as Waste Away system
- Garibaldi (2) operating as decompose system
- Rampart Creek (1)
Squamish Smoke Bluffs: 10,000-15,000 users per year, installed 2014. O&M 4x (total). Waste compartment 1/3 full. See video here.
Upcoming / hopeful TTS Projects
- Rocky Mountain NP, Longs Peak (2) (replacing solar dehydrators)
- Mt. Rainier NP, Summerland & Camp Sherman (# tbd)
- Kootenays, BC Parks (4, purchased 2016)
- Garibaldi Park, BC Parks (4-8 purchased spring 2017)
- Piedras Negras, Patagonia Argentina (1, purchased 2016)
We look forward to working with you and your agency in the development of modern, science based, reliable solutions for low cost and low hazard human waste management.
Geoff Hill, Phd
Director, Toilet Tech