View this page "Visual Illusions"

Murtaza Husaini

Dec 10, 2008, 1:33:50 AM12/10/08
to managementguruz

Click on http://groups.google.com/group/managementguruz/web/visual-illusions
- or copy & paste it into your browser's address bar if that doesn't
work.

Sabila Husain

Dec 10, 2008, 9:44:21 AM12/10/08
to managementguruz
Yes i could see both the frog and the horse on the above visual
illusion. I must say that the artist did a good job.

Jafar Shameem

Dec 10, 2008, 11:02:38 AM12/10/08
to Sabila Husain, managementguruz
finally someone else besides tabish spoke. :-)

tabish's guruz are very quiet. or is it that tabish is the guru and everyone else is a chela?

Askar Zaidi

Dec 10, 2008, 11:05:09 AM12/10/08
to Jafar Shameem, Sabila Husain, managementguruz
Tabish is the guru and we are all listening ;-)
Keep 'em coming!

Murtaza Husaini

Dec 10, 2008, 11:08:20 AM12/10/08
to managementguruz, Jafar Shameem
Bhaijaan you know you are one of my best critics. hee hee

Jafar Shameem

Dec 10, 2008, 12:54:36 PM12/10/08
to Sabila Husain, managementguruz
criticism? It's called encouragement. Trying to get others to speak up
so you develop a vibrant community of 'gurus'. It's a shame that no
one else talks. Askar started a community for coders and even there no
one spoke up. No one wants to take advantage of guidance that Askar
could provide. I suggest you open these groups to beyond family and
friends.

Murtaza Husaini

Dec 10, 2008, 1:17:36 PM12/10/08
to managementguruz
Thanks

I always take your suggestions in a positive way and try to improve.

Off course gradually I would like to go beyond family and friends.

On Dec 10, 8:54 pm, "Jafar Shameem" <jafar.sham...@gmail.com> wrote:
> criticism? It's called encouragement. Trying to get others to speak up
> so you develop a vibrant community of 'gurus'. It's a shame that no
> one else talks. Askar started a community for coders and even there no
> one spoke up. No one wants to take advantage of guidance that Askar
> could provide.  I suggest you open these groups to beyond family and
> friends.

Sabila Husain

Dec 10, 2008, 1:22:52 PM12/10/08
to Murtaza Husaini, managementguruz
Never knew my one sentence would start the wave....good.

What is the PMP certified doing?? He is the management guru now. FYI - i am talking about Faizi Bhaijaan.

My biggest challenge is what to post.
--
Sabila Husain

Ph:- 781-229-4897 (Home)
      609-651-1495 (Cell)

Askar Zaidi

Dec 10, 2008, 1:26:23 PM12/10/08
to Murtaza Husaini, managementguruz
I know Ahmar is very busy driving around in Honda City these days ;-)

Sabila Husain

Dec 10, 2008, 1:28:21 PM12/10/08
to Askar Zaidi, Murtaza Husaini, managementguruz
Askar kismat apni apni ;-)

Askar Zaidi

Dec 10, 2008, 1:54:51 PM12/10/08
to Sabila Husain, Murtaza Husaini, managementguruz
http://www.awdio.com

They scored 20 million Euros recently.

The greatest things done are always very very simple. They solve the most basic problem. It doesn't have to be rocket science that will blow away rest of the world. The rest of the world gets confused. Thats what I've seen and learned. The trick is to spot that one little thing that bugs you everyday and then do something about it. I have seen people come up with really whacky ideas and really complex solutions for them. Things get so complicated that we lose track of the original problem.

And I've myself tried looking for that very simple thing that bugs me everyday. Spent countless hours discussing with friends. And then I realized that I should probably not be looking for it. That doesn't mean God will drop an idea in my lap, but one really has to look at things in a different dimension all together. Look at your life and the little things that revolve around it - and something might just come up. Just don't keep looking all the time !

Trying to think hard to come up with an idea is probably not worth it.

Sure the technology behind the iPod and the iPhone is ground breaking. But Apple realized a very basic problem with phones and music players. And capitalized on that with their in house technology and maybe even borrowed stuff.

Question: In your opinion, what is the most basic design feature of the iPhone that makes it a great device ? See that I mentioned "design" and not "technology". Theres a difference.

Jafar Shameem

Dec 10, 2008, 2:46:22 PM12/10/08
to Murtaza Husaini, managementguruz
there's nothing for you to improve. you're already doing great stuff.

that was for others!

yeah - i like askar's e-mail. what do people think about that?

Murtaza Husaini

Dec 11, 2008, 12:22:55 AM12/11/08
to managementguruz
Sorry

No clue about iphone.

Anyways regarding getting new ideas and looking for it every time is
fine if you are focusing on your current assignment.
One can prioritize everything and can work towards ideas which can
ease our basic requirements.
I don't know much about apple products but definitely the company is
coming up with user friendly products.
I would like to give example of Google in this regard and i think what
they are doing is awesome.
What they are providing is already available but they are doing it
differently.
So one can also rework on preexisting ideas and work towards
simplifying it.

Go the Google way.

On 10 Dec, 22:46, "Jafar Shameem" <jafar.sham...@gmail.com> wrote:
> there's nothing for you to improve. you're already doing great stuff.
>
> that was for others!
>
> yeah - i like askar's e-mail. what do people think about that?
>
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Murtaza Husaini

Askar Zaidi

Dec 11, 2008, 11:34:57 AM12/11/08
to managementguruz
Its the keypad. They realized that phones don't need a keypad all the time. They got rid of it and introduced a virtual keypad. So you'll see the keypad only when you need it - when you're typing. The rest of the time you can use the large screen for touch screen capabilities built into their applications. And they built the rest of the phone keeping the large touch screen as a foundation.

Steve Jobs mentioned this when he introduced the iPhone in Macworld.

Murtaza Husaini

Dec 12, 2008, 2:13:53 PM12/12/08
to managementguruz
yeah...good observation

but touch screen pda's were already there in the market and moreover
apple did'nt offered much in terms of technology of iphone.
I think best part was style and price, as it offered a combination of
ipod and mobile.

On Dec 11, 7:34 pm, "Askar Zaidi" <askar.za...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Its the keypad. They realized that phones don't need a keypad all the time.
> They got rid of it and introduced a virtual keypad. So you'll see the keypad
> only when you need it - when you're typing. The rest of the time you can use
> the large screen for touch screen capabilities built into their
> applications. And they built the rest of the phone keeping the large touch
> screen as a foundation.
>
> Steve Jobs mentioned this when he introduced the iPhone in Macworld.
>
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 12:22 AM, Murtaza Husaini
> <murtazahusa...@gmail.com>wrote:
Message has been deleted

Askar Zaidi

Dec 12, 2008, 2:38:56 PM12/12/08
to managementguruz
"apple did'nt offered much in terms of technology" ?!?!?!?!

You should check it out at the nearest Apple store ;-)

Askar Zaidi

Dec 12, 2008, 2:41:28 PM12/12/08
to managementguruz

Askar Zaidi

Dec 12, 2008, 2:43:52 PM12/12/08
to managementguruz
Actually, this one is more exciting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZoPdBh8KUs&feature=related

Murtaza Husaini

Dec 13, 2008, 12:38:17 AM12/13/08
to managementguruz
I mean in terms of mobile phone technology.
Like it had problem with bluetooth, message forwarding, compatibility
issues with windows, etc.