History repeats itself when Liverpool steal Cody Gakpo from Man United

Manu

Dec 28, 2022, 3:12:53 AM12/28/22
to Man utd fixtures on tv
Sadio Mane seems to have intended to join Manchester United before changing his mind, a similar story with Dutch star Cody Gakpo.

History is repeating itself, costing Manchester United another big signing. Cody Gakpo has been repeatedly rumored to be leaving PSV Eindhoven, and his new destination has been confirmed - Liverpool. Man United fans when reading that information could not be excited.

For a long time, it seemed that Gakpo was determined to come to Old Trafford, with rumors that the Dutch international was keen to wear the Red Devils shirt and play under the guidance of fellow Dutchman, Erik ten Hag. Instead, his new shirt will be Liverpool red after Jurgen Klopp's side shelled out £45m for Gakpo's signature.

>>> Update news Man United next match daily

agent-1801.jpg

A statement from PSV read: " PSV and  Liverpool have reached an agreement on the upcoming transfer of Cody Gakpo. The 23-year-old attacker will immediately travel to England where he will carry out the necessary formalities. necessary to complete the transfer."

Both clubs involved in the deal have yet to officially confirm the amount paid, but PSV general manager Marcel Brands added that "this is a record transfer for PSV".

This whole story will probably bring back horrifying memories for the Man United followers who witnessed the story when it looked like Sadio Mane would come to the Red Devils. MU was interested in Mane when Louis van Gaal was sitting in the hot seat at Old Trafford, the Dutch coach recently confirmed that Man United aspires to have the Senegal player and he regrets not being able to buy him.

Mane himself confirmed the story in 5: " I have to say, I was very close to going to Manchester United. I had a contract there. Everything was agreed. Everything was ready, but instead, I thought: 'No, I want to go to Liverpool'. I was convinced to agree to Klopp's project. I still remember the first time I got the call from Klopp. He said: ' We have a big project at Liverpool and I want you to be a part of it'."

>>> See more real-time FA cup fixtures on tv updates at 2sporttv

"Then he asked me what position I wanted because he could see at Southampton I played on the right wing and I used to play on the left. I said I prefer the left, and then he said, 'But ( Philippe) Coutinho is on the left!'.So I said, never mind, I'll play on the right. I can play in all positions."

Mane established himself as a Liverpool legend during his six years at Anfield after making the decision to join the red half of Merseyside instead of the red half of Manchester. If Gakpo can enjoy even half of what Mane has achieved in a Liverpool shirt, he will be a successful signing - another signing Man United will likely regret missing out on before the big day rival.

MY SOCIAL:
http://onlineboxing.net/jforum/user/profile/220055.page https://www.teachertube.com/user/channel/manutdfixturesontv https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7779-4396 https://www.bitsdujour.com/profiles/Z7Zapy https://gotartwork.com/Profile/man-utd-fixtures-on-tv/191430/ https://www.ranker.com/writer/manu_0 https://www.fimfiction.net/user/551926/Man+Utd+fixtures+on+tv https://timeswriter.com/members/manutdfixturesontv/profile/ https://play.eslgaming.com/player/18876959/ https://ko-fi.com/manutdfixturesontv https://my.desktopnexus.com/ManUtdfixturesontv https://www.catchafire.org/profiles/2311761/ https://www.babelcube.com/user/man-utd-fixtures-on-tv https://www.mojomarketplace.com/user/ManUtdfixturesontv-i7APRIoILV https://roundme.com/@canhbinauxuong321q/about https://www.diggerslist.com/manutdfixturesontv/about https://www.drupalgovcon.org/user/339751 http://www.socialbookmarkssite.com/user/manutdfixturesontv https://manutdfixturesontv.contently.com/