We are pleased to announce the International Conference VipIMAGE 2013 - IV ECCOMAS THEMATIC CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL VISION AND MEDICAL IMAGE PROCESSING (www.fe.up.pt/~vipimage
) to be held October 14-16, 2013, in Melia Madeira Mare Hotel, Madeira Island, Funchal, Portugal.
Possible Topics (not limited to)
• Signal and Image Processing
• Computational Vision
• Medical Imaging
• Physics of Medical Imaging
• Tracking and Analysis of Movement
• Simulation and Modeling
• Image Acquisition
• Industrial Applications
• Shape Reconstruction
• Objects Segmentation, Matching, Simulation
• Data Interpolation, Registration, Acquisition and Compression
• 3D Vision
• Virtual Reality
• Visual Inspection
• Software Development for Image Processing and Analysis
• Computer Aided Diagnosis, Surgery, Therapy, and Treatment
• Computational Bioimaging and Visualization
• Telemedicine Systems and their Applications
• Daniel Rueckert - Imperial College London, UK
• Dimitris N. Metaxas - Rutgers University, USA
• Durval C. Costa - Champalimaud Foundation, Portugal
• James S Duncan - Yale School of Medicine, USA
• Milan Sonka - The University of Iowa, USA
• Richard Bowden - University of Surrey, UK
Proposals to organize Thematic Session under the auspicious of VipIMAGE 2013 are welcome.
The organizers of the selected thematic sessions will be included in the conference scientific committee and will have a reduced registration fee. Additionally, they will be responsible for the dissemination of their thematic session, may invite expertise researchers to have invited keynotes during their session and will participate in the review process of the submitted contributions.
Proceedings: The proceedings book will be published by the Taylor & Francis Group (www.balkema.nl/instructions.asp
) and indexed by Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index, IET Inspect and Elsevier Scopus.
Springer Book: A book with 20 invited works from the ones presented in the conference will be published by Springer under the book series “Lecture Notes in Computational Vision and Biomechanics” (www.springer.com/series/8910
Journal Publication: A dedicated special issue of the Taylor & Francis International Journal “Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization” (www.tandfonline.com/tciv
) will be published with extended versions of the best works presented in the conference.
• Deadline for Thematic Session Proposals: March 1, 2013
• Deadline for Extended Abstracts: April 15, 2013
• Authors Notification: May 1, 2013
• Deadline for Lectures and Papers: July 1, 2013
We are looking forward to see you in Funchal next October.
João Manuel R. S. Tavares
Renato Natal Jorge