Getting data from DDSM: Digital Database for Screening Mammography and mini-MIAS database

chengzhao41

Nov 13, 2012, 12:01:06 PM11/13/12
to mammo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to get the DDSM dataset in a readable format. I am aware of
http://ganymed.imib.rwth-aachen.de/irma/datasets_en.php?SELECTED=00010#00010.dataset
I have sent them my agreement but haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back?

Also I am wondering what happened to the "Web Services for DDSM" http://www.digital-mammography-services.net
as described in this paper Web services for the DDSM and digital mammography research [1]
Is the web services now permantly offline?

Does anyone have a working version of DDSM’s heathusf program that works on linux or windows with normalization?
I know there is a working version of DDSM's jpeg program for linux at http://www.cs.unibo.it/~roffilli/sw.html
I compiled and tested it. I used the MATLAB code as described here to view the images.
It displays correctly only for some scanners.
As described in the paper [1] when properly compiled, the DDSM software outputs the image data as a stream of raw bytes; one then has to normalise these according to the model of digitiser used to image the original films and then create an image file that is readable by one’s image analysis software environment.
Does anyone have a solution for normalizing the image data?

Lastly, how do I get the data from MIAS? Going to http://peipa.essex.ac.uk/info/mias.html and clicking on "the imagery."

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Cheng

chengzhao41

Nov 15, 2012, 1:19:21 AM11/15/12
to mammo...@googlegroups.com
I have contacted the authors who wrote the paper [1] in my previous post. Their web service is not maintained anymore but they have provided me with the software that automatically downloads the data from DDSM database and converts them to .png format. The link to get the software is below:

Cheers,
Cheng

Inês Domingues

Nov 15, 2012, 3:39:11 AM11/15/12
to mammo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for charing the info!

--
Inês Domingues
PhD student

Philip Teare

Mar 2, 2016, 2:29:23 PM3/2/16
to Mammographic Image Analysis Research Community, cheng...@gmail.com
I've tried the software you link to but it is failing to download anything (ftp.rb EOF error). Does it work for you?

If so do you have the set in a better format which you could share?

If you can help me get the software running or get the converted data I would be immensely grateful