Mammographic image segmentation

Epimack Michael

Jun 24, 2019, 11:14:14 PM6/24/19
to Mammographic Image Analysis Research Community

I working with multi-modality for feature extraction. Current i have data from DDSM and MIAS, so i want to do images segmentation for MIAS dataset (breast cancer). Can someone please assist me the best way to remove pectoral muscle and image segmentation. I have little understanding in python and matlab.

Inês Domingues

Jun 25, 2019, 7:34:04 AM6/25/19
to mammo...@googlegroups.com, epima...@gmail.com
Dear Epimack Michael,

I am attaching two works of mine on pectoral muscle segmentation.

Concerning databases, I also advise you to take a look at InBreast
(http://medicalresearch.inescporto.pt/breastresearch/index.php/Get_INbreast_Database).
You can get in touch with me in case you want access to it.

Concerning "image segmentation", what do you mean? Segmentation of the
breast? Of the masses? etc?

Best regards,
Inês Domingues

Epimack Michael <epima...@gmail.com> escreveu no dia terça,
25/06/2019 à(s) 04:14:

> I working with multi-modality for feature extraction. Current i have data from DDSM and MIAS, so i want to do images segmentation for MIAS dataset (breast cancer). Can someone please assist me the best way to remove pectoral muscle and image segmentation. I have little understanding in python and matlab.
>
> --
2010 Pectoral muscle detection in mammograms based on the shortest path with endpoints learnt by SVMs.pdf
2010 Pectoral muscle detection in mammograms based on polar coordinates and the shortest path.pdf